When is the right time to see an allergist?
Allergy sufferers in Arizona may become so accustomed to chronic symptoms such as sneezing, nasal congestion or wheezing that they do not consider their condition to be unusual. Yet, with the help of an allergist, these symptoms can usually be prevented or controlled and the patient's quality of life greatly improved. The sooner you visit us at the Allergy Asthma Clinic, the sooner you will be relieved of your symptoms.
• Your allergies are causing secondary symptoms such as chronic sinus infections, nasal congestion or difficulty breathing.
• You experience hay fever or other allergy symptoms several months out of the year.
• Antihistamines and other over-the-counter medications do not control your allergy symptoms, or create unacceptable side effects, such as drowsiness.
• Your asthma or allergies are interfering with your ability to carry on day-to-day activities.
• Your asthma or allergies decrease the quality of your life.
• You are experiencing signs of asthma such as:
• You occasionally have to struggle to catch your breath.
• You often wheeze or cough, especially at night or after exercise.
• You are frequently short of breath or feel tightness in your chest.
• You have previously been diagnosed with asthma but, despite treatment, you still have frequent acute asthma attacks.